Availability and Booking
Late availability: we have availability for selected dates this month and next - see special offers.
We are taking bookings for holidays for this year and 2017 at The Life House, The Balancing Barn, The Long House, The Shingle House and The Dune House. The release of future dates will be announced via our newsletter, please sign up.
The latest ballot for stays at A House for Essex between March and May is now open, see here.
Sign up to our newsletter to get updates on future A House for Essex ballots, and other news from Living Architecture.
A Room for London: Please note that A Room for London has now closed for a while, and the boat is in hibernation while the Queen Elizabeth Hall is closed for refurbishment. Do sign up to our newsletter to get updates on A Room for London and other news from Living Architecture.
How to book our houses:
- Please use our online booking calendar to check prices and make bookings for The Life House (click here), The Balancing Barn (click here), for The Long House (click here), for The Shingle House (click here) and for The Dune House (click here).
- Using "Change month" and the underlined months on the middle of the page, please select the month and year you are interested in booking eg. May 2017.
- On the calendar, move your mouse pointer over one of the underlined dates to reveal the prices for holidays starting on that date. A date is only available if it is underlined. Please note that start dates are either Fridays or Mondays.
- Make a provisional booking by clicking on your arrival date, then click on your departure date. You will then be prompted to fill out a booking form.
- If you have any questions regarding access or specific needs or requirements, do contact us here.
- How to pay. When you have filled out your booking form you can choose to pay online by credit or debit card or send a cheque. A 25% deposit is requested at the time of your booking and must be paid within 3 days of making your provisional booking. The balance is due eight weeks (56 days) before your start date. For bookings made within 8 weeks of arrival date, the total cost of the holiday is payable at the time of booking. Please note there is a 1.5% charge for credit card payments. There is no charge for debit card or cheque payments.
- For our full terms and conditions, please click here.
- We are sorry but (due to their locations) we do not accept dogs at The Life House, The Long House, The Balancing Barn or A House for Essex. However, a well-behaved dog (who respects and loves modern architecture) is welcome at The Dune House and The Shingle House, both situated on beaches, for an additional charge of £20 per booking.
For all other enquiries please contact us here.