The ballot is organised by Living Architecture. It offers the chance to purchase a night in A Room for London for available dates in June, July and August 2013.
All dates are priced at £300 per night (for up to 2 adults).
The starting date for entries is 17 April 2013. The closing date for entries is 12 midnight (London, GMT) on 24 April 2013. Entries submitted after this time will not be included in the ballot. If you have entered and not received an email by 12 midnight (London, GMT) on 1 May 2013 it means that you have not been successful
Do read the ballot terms and conditions on this page before entering the ballot. Please note that bookings are not transferable ie. if you are successful in the ballot, only you (and the guest you name on the ballot entry form - if applicable) will be able to book and stay at A Room for London. It is not possible to buy a night as a gift or to transfer a booking.
Please sign up to our newsletter to get updates on future ballot release dates and other news from Living Architecture.
The entry form for the ballot will appear here when the ballot is live
How the ballot works:
- From a list of eligible entries, entries will be selected at random (using a random number generator).
- The selected entry will be considered and if the first, second or third date choice can be accommodated it will be allocated.
- Please note: If there is only one date that you are interested in, please select that date on all three options
- If none of your chosen dates are available, and you have selected “any date offered” on any of the three date choice options, the next available date will be offered. You will have 3 working days to decide whether you wish to take the date we allocate and should it not be convenient to you, no alternative will be offered nor can the date be transferred to anyone else.
- This process will continue until all available dates have been allocated.
- If selected, the successful applicant will be receive an electronic invoice to the e-mail address given for payment, within 7 days of the ballot closing. If you have not received an email by 12 midnight (London, GMT) on 1 May 2013 it means that you have not been successful.
- Failure to pay within 7 days of receiving an electronic invoice will result in the date being lost and the next eligible entry will be considered.
- Your booking will only be confirmed once you have received a booking confirmation by email. This will be sent once we have received your payment.
Living Architecture’s booking Terms and Conditions apply, and will prevail over the terms and conditions below in the event of any inconsistency.
- Please note that check-in for A Room for London is between 3pm and 6pm, and both guest(s) need to arrive at the same time and receive a mandatory briefing before accessing A Room for London.
- If you are successful in the ballot you will be asked to confirm a time for your mandatory briefing (options are: 3-4pm, 4-5pm, 5-6pm).
- Once you have undertaken the briefing, you are free to come and go from A Room for London as you choose.
- Check-out is by 11am the following day.
Ballot Terms and Conditions:
- Entries will only be accepted provided all the information required is provided.
- ‘Eligible entries’ are ones that comply with these Ballot Terms and Conditions and Living Architecture’s conditions of booking.
- Only one application per person per ballot will be accepted.
- Applicants (and guest) must be 18 years of age or older.
- The successful applicant (and his/her guest, if applicable) will need to bring photo ID to gain access to A Room for London. Only the named applicant and his/her named guest are allowed access to the room (no other guests are allowed).
- Dates offered to successful applications cannot be changed or exchanged.
- Booking details are non-transferable. Only the named guest and second guest (if applicable) will be allowed entry to the room on the date offered.
- Entry is by on-line form (only), using the form on this page.
- Living Architecture’s booking Terms and Conditions apply (read here), as well as these ballot Terms and Conditions. In the event of any inconsistency, the booking Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- Living Architecture cannot accept any responsibility for entries which are lost, corrupted, or incomplete, or for any failure to capture entry information. We do not guarantee that our website or software will function correctly or at all at any given time.
- All notifications and allocations will be made via e-mail to the e-mail address given. Applicants are responsible for maintaining and monitoring a valid email account and Living Architecture will not be responsible for any consequences of an applicant’s failure to do so.
- If the successful applicant has selected ‘any date offered’ and no response is received to any such e-mail within 72 hours of sending, Living Architecture reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw the allocation and offer it to another entrant. If the successful applicant fails to pay in full within 7 days of receiving an electronic invoice, it will result in the date being lost and the next eligible entry will be considered.
- Living Architecture excludes all liability for loss, damage and claims (including third party claims) arising out of this ballot to the fullest extent permitted by law. All liability for indirect or consequential loss is also excluded.
- Entries which are not in accordance with the terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- Living Architecture reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the ballot without notice at any time and for any reason.
- Living Architecture is a company registered in England and Wales whose registered number is OC323783.
- No correspondence will be entered into.