Please note that A Room for London has now closed for a while, and the boat is in hibernation while the Queen Elizabeth Hall is being refurbished. Do sign up to our newsletter to get updates on A Room for London and other news from Living Architecture.
A Room for London accommodates up to 2 people
- The bedroom area has panoramic views across London. The bed can be made up either as a double or twin single beds (please specify when booking).
- Next to the sleeping area, there is a small kitchenette, with a microwave oven and fridge, and a small dining table for two people.
- Next to the kitchenette is an ensuite bathroom, with WC and shower. The spacious bathroom spans the full width of the boat and has doors at either end of the bathroom to provide privacy.
- On the upper deck (accessible by ladder only) there is a 'bridge', with an octagonal library (containing an impressive collection of books), and a desk that looks out across the Thames.
Please note the following about A Room for London (see our Terms & Conditions for full details):
- Booking: Bookings are for one night only in order to allow as many people as possible to enjoy A Room for London.
- Please note that the booking must be made by one of the named guests. This means that unfortunately it is not possible to buy a night as a gift or to transfer a booking.
- Number of guests: up to two named guests are allowed (NB. the minimum age 18 years). No other guests can be accommodated or invited on the boat or any part of the A Room for London operation.
- Arrival/ Departure: you will be sent detailed arrival information before your stay. Please note both guests must arrive between 3pm and 6pm on the day of your booking.
- If two guests are staying, you both need to arrive at the same time, as a mandatory briefing is required and you will be asked to sign to confirm that you have understood the briefing information. Once you have undertaken the briefing, you are free to come and go from A Room for London as you choose.
- Both named guests will need to bring photo ID when they arrive for the mandatory briefing. Departure the next day is before 11am, and you must sign out when arriving or entering the Southbank Centre.
- Noise: please note that the Southbank Centre operates many activities and festivals throughout the year, which combined with the location in central London means that A Room for London will be subject to the associated noise.
- Access to the roof: A Room for London is situated on the roof of the Queen Elizabeth Hall. The roof is reached by means of a lift. No stairs are provided, so should the lift not be operable for any reason, guests will not be allowed to the room.
- Weather conditions: should the weather conditions be such that it is deemed unsafe to be on the roof of the Queen Elizabeth Hall, guests will not be allowed in the room.
- Accessibility: if you have any questions regarding accessibility, please contact us and we can discuss any specific requirements with you. Please note that due to the limited storage space onboard, we do not supply any physical assistance aids so if you intend bring any assistance items with you, please let us know so that we can liaise with the Southbank Centre.
- Dogs: please note that we do not accept dogs at A Room for London, except assistance dogs (provided you notify us when you make a booking).
The following are provided for your holiday:
- Miele fridge and microwave oven
- David Mellor cutlery, glasses and basic kitchen equipment
- REN skincare individual shampoo, shower gel and hand soap.
- Peter Reed high quality Egyptian cotton bed linen
- Luxurious hand towels and bath towels.
- Luxury hypo-allergenic pillows and duvets (to ensure that everyone, including those with allergies, have a comfortable stay; but please note we do not have the storage space to also provide feather duvets and pillows).
- A library of books to keep the most avid reader happy
- Wi Fi internet connection (which you can access if you bring a laptop, but please note that, due to its location and for reasons beyond our control, internet access may be intermittent).
You can also see photos that some of our guests have taken on the A Room for London flickr page.
Click here to leave your email address to receive updates on booking A Room for London and other Living Architecture projects.