For dates in April at The Dune House see here.
The Dune House accommodates up to 9 people. It has five bedrooms:
- Four double bedrooms on the first floor (bedrooms 1 + 2 can be made up as twins), all with a bath in the room, and en-suite shower and WC.
- One bedroom on the ground floor (with a single bed), with an ensuite shower and WC
You enter the house via a concrete walkway set within the rising sand dunes, a large fully glazed door immediately sets the scene of the ground floor space being visually open on all sides to the landscape and views over the sea. The ground floor is largely open plan, containing dining table and chairs and a large modular seating section, set around a sunken pit space and log burning stove.
Stairs from the ground floor lead to the first floor library space, where you can access a small semi enclosed external terrace, with views out to sea. Off the library space are four bedrooms, each with their own bathroom with shower. A bath in each room allows for the visitor to soak, whilst looking out through one on the number of window apertures, framing the views over the sand dunes and the sea (bedrooms 2 and 3), or nature reserve (bedrooms 1 and 4).
Outside the house sits within the sand dune it is built upon, with a gate leading directly onto the beach.
The following are provided for your holiday:
- Miele kitchen appliances - oven, microwave combination oven, induction hob, dishwasher, fridge, freezer.
- David Mellor kitchen equipment - including DM kitchen knives, chopping boards, sieves and colanders, graters, whisks, tongs, cooking utensils, a range of DM saucepans (suitable for the induction hob), food blender, scales, mixing bowls, a rolling pin and pastry brush, glassware (tumblers, wine glasses, champagne flutes), DM cutlery (including children's cutlery), a tea pot, cafetiere and mugs.
- Miele washing machine in the utility house (plus an iron, ironing board and airer, but please bring detergent).
- REN skincare individual shampoo, bath & shower gel and hand soap.
- Peter Reed high quality Egyptian cotton bed linen.
- Luxurious hand towels and bath towels.
- Luxury hypo-allergenic pillows and duvets (to ensure that everyone, including those with allergies, have a comfortable stay; but please note we do not have the storage space to also provide feather duvets and pillows).
- A few food items to get you started in the kitchen, some: tea bags, coffee, semi-skimmed milk, bread, salted butter and olive oil.
- Some basic household items, some: bin bags, washing up liquid, kitchen roll, hand-wash, dishwasher tablets, foil and loo paper.
- A library of books to keep the most avid reader happy, from local travel guides, to architecture and philosophy.
- Television (with freeview) and DVD player (do bring your own DVDs to play).
- Wi Fi internet connection (which you can access if you bring a laptop)
- Arrival/ Departure: you will be sent detailed arrival information before your stay. Arrival is after 4pm and departure by 10 am.
- Underfloor heating downstairs; plus starter fuel log (if you wish to use the fire in the living room); radiator heating in the upstairs bedrooms and bathrooms.
What's not provided:
- Beach towels.
- Landline telephone. Please note that, due to its location and for reasons beyond our control, mobile reception can be intermittent.
- High chair and travel cot.
- Additional logs for the fire (but these can be bought locally if desired).