We currently have the following availability:
- The Balancing Barn: due to a cancellation, now available for Christmas 2013 (book here).
- The Long House: available 27 January 2014 onwards (book here).
- The Shingle House: available May 2014 onwards (book here).
- The Dune House: booked for 2013 and 2014. To receive notification when 2015 dates go live, please sign up to our newsletter.
A Room for London
A Room for London will be staying at the Southbank Centre for 2014. The first wave of nights (January to March 2014) are now available via a ballot - read more and enter the ballot here. The closing date for the ballot is 12 midnight (London, GMT) on 18 December 2013. Do sign up to our newsletter to get updates on future A Room for London ballots, and other news from Living Architecture.
Channel 4's Amazing Spaces
The Balancing Barn was featured on Channel 4's Amazing Spaces. You can watch George Clarke taking a tour inside and outside The Balancing Barn (NB it is featured at c.19 minutes into the episode).
Recent press coverage
- Conde Nast Traveller - Let's spend the night. John Pawson and Life House in Wales
- Conde Nast Traveller - Let's spend the night. Grayson Perry and A House for Essex
- Daily Mail - A Room with an extraordinary view: Gazing across London from a modern Noah's ark
- The Telegraph - Something special: Suffolk's unhinged holiday home
- Conde Nast Traveller - Let's spend the night: feature on Living Architecture
- East Anglian Daily Times - Grayson Perry puts his art into Wrabness
- Harper's BAZAAR - Living Architecture's Norfolk Retreat
- Financial Times - Designs of the Year (A Room for London)
- The Sunday Times (£) - Britain's best new designer homes
- The Telegraph - Britain's best new buildings?
- The Observer - Holiday homes with grand designs
- Conde Nast Traveller - Reading retreats in the UK: Sun, Sea and Socrates
- The Observer - A Room for London review, by Rowan Moore
- The Sunday Times - A Room for London, a monument to English eccentricity
- The Guardian - A Room for London: A high water mark, by Jonathan Glancey
- The Financial Times - A Room for London: David Kohn and Fiona Banner's architectural installation
- London Evening Standard - A Room for London: Capital's very own room with a view
- London Evening Standard - A Room for London
- The Daily Mail - All aboard: Boat hotel to be perched above the Thames
- BBC Radio 4 (Midweek, 20th July 2011): interview with Jane Wernick, our strucutural engineer
- Wallpaper: Serpentine Gallery Pavilion 2011 by Peter Zumthor (mentions The Secular Retreat)
- The Guardian: Peter Zumthor plans a Secular Retreat
- The Independent: Arthouse retreats
- BBC News: RIBA 2011 Awards. Brilliant Buildings (scroll to third image)
- The Guardian: RIBA 2011 Awards.
- The New Yorker - Design for Living. Modernist vacation homes with a mission
- Daily Mail (travel) - A break at The Balancing Barn, Suffolk's futuristic new holiday home
- Wallpaper - The Shingle House, Dungeness
- Dezeen - video interview with Winy Maas of MVRDV
- TIME magazine - English country goes rock 'n' roll
- Irish Times - The lines of beauty, holidays in modernism
- D2 (Norway)
- The Financial Times - Seaside surrealism
- The Observer - Giving a modernist twist to holiday homes
- The Telegraph - Have a holiday in modern architecture
- The Guardian (travel) - High design, low price: UK holiday homes
- The Times - Holiday homes go out on a limb
- Wallpaper - Fab 40: Living Architecture
- The Guardian - Holiday homes to promote modernist architecture
- The Evening Standard
- The New York Times - Designer digs
- RIBA London Regional Award 2013: A Room for London
- The Design Museum Designs of the Year 2013: A Room for London (nominated)
- RIBA Client of the Year Shortlist 2012: Living Architecture
- RIBA Manser Medal Shortlist 2012: The Dune House
- Conde Nast Traveller Innovation & Design awards 2012: A Room for London
- RIBA Manser Medal Shortlist 2011: The Balancing Barn (and winner of the public vote)
- RIBA Awards 2011 East: The Balancing Barn
- RIBA Awards 2011 South East: The Shingle House
- Brit Insurance Design Awards 2011: The Balancing Barn
- Red dot design award: The Balancing Barn
- Conde Nast Traveller Innovation & Design Awards 2011: The Balancing Barn
Congratulations to Jane Wernick who recently won the award for First Woman of the Built Environment
News and updates
For high resolution images of all the Living Architecture houses, please visit our press area.